Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Democratic Governance (DG) Programme Manager, and working closely with the DepED Project Manager, the Technical Expert is expected to provide technical advisory support to UNDP in the course of the implementation of Lot 4, including, but not limited to the performance of the following tasks:
- Conduct pre-shipment inspection and testing of the goods at the manufacturer’s sites, central and/or local consolidation warehouses, to ensure full compliance of the equipment sourced with the technical specifications and quality standards requested in the ITB and approved in the Purchase Order, and submit reports of findings on all such inspections;
- Conduct random supervision and spot checking of ongoing installation works, aimed at assessing the construction standards and practices of the contractor vis-à-vis the requirements under the contract;
- Identify concerns, risks or challenges that may be observed during the implementation of the project and communicate the findings and proposed risk mitigation measures / solutions to both the Contractor and the DG Programme Manager in a timely manner;
- Conduct the testing and commissioning of the completed Solar Power Systems installation at any and all location, prepare reports of any deviations found and make recommendations as to the proper rectifications that need to be undertaken, prior to confirming the final acceptance of the works, and authorizing the final payments;
- Participate in technical follow-up meetings and periodic coordination meetings that will be held between UNDP and DepEd, or UNDP and the contractor, as may be necessary, for purposes of tracking the status or progress of the contract implementation; and
- Provide UNDP with technical advice on ad hoc basis during the entire implementation of the project, especially during the installation phase as well as the Warranty and Technical Support period.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database packages and web browsers.
- Good organization, administrative and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to coordinate well with UNDP partner agencies.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Strong motivation and ability to work and deliver under pressure and short deadlines
More details here