About the Company
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monthly accounting and maintenance of fixed asset transactions for multiple entities (additions, retirements, and transfers), including generating and posting of journal entries
- On-time and accurate monthly closing of Fixed Assets ledger
- Ensure completion of the monthly fixed assets reconciliations for financial reporting
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
- Lead the Annual Fixed Assets Inventory and monthly Fixed Assets tagging; Reconcile fixed asset accounts and transactions, including preparing monthly roll forward schedules and Capex Spend reports.
- Responsible in updating and monitoring of Fixed Assets from CIP to Capitalized asset working closely with Operations
- Preparation and presentation of month-end results during Fixed Assets Cycle Review
- Coordination and collaboration with local and foreign counter parts (US, EMEA, Mexico etc.) on the acquisition and proper treatment of Assets including asset addition, transfer, retirement and impairment.
- Ensures compliance of SOX policies and procedures for Fixed assets
- Assists in quarterly and annual requirements of statutory review.
- Understands and supports the PEZA requirements in terms of projects and investments compliance
- Lead projects that will help improve various processes in Fixed Assets
- Monitor and implement full fixed assets cycle
- Complies at all times the Environment, Health and Safety and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules and regulations
- General understanding of the Fixed Asset cycle (Additions, depreciation, retirement, disposal)
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from team leader to accomplish objectives
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies.
- Good written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English.
- Desire to solve problems and coordinate with global team members.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other
- Ability to work in a highly adaptable, very dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with a large accounting ERP system (Oracle, Trintech preferred)
More details here