About the Company
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
- Support purchasing with the sub-contractor buy out process.
- Prepare Request for Quote/Proposal (RFQ/RFP) packages and solicit to sub-contractors.
- Negotiate with subcontractors and handle highly sensitive and confidential bid information in a professional manner.
- Prepare Bid Analysis with results with recommendation for selection.
- Issue Purchase Orders to Subcontractors according to instructions provided through non-inventory material and service requisitions.
- Coordinate with subcontractors on the delivery of goods and services to project sites globally
- Ensure that changes to schedules are communicated accurately and within desired timeframes
- Produce metrics that reflect operational Purchasing performance of the team
- Address exceptions to workflows and coordinate with team members to continuously improve processes
- To the extent necessary, manage vendor and item master files
- Maintain accurate and complete Purchasing records in accordance with record retention procedures
- Manage and submit task and status report as needed
- Responsible for all data entry and report generation as needed to perform the job
- Provide overall administrative and tactical support for purchasing department as needed
- Adheres to all processes and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction management, engineering or a related discipline
- 3-5 years Purchasing experience as Buyer
- Proficiency in ERP (Oracle),CRM (SalesForce), and Purchasing (E-Builder) systems
- Knowledge and experience in Purchasing for high-tech and/or construction industries in an international setting
- Knowledge and experience with ISO9000 requirements and their deployment
- Advanced MS Excel skills and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proven track record in cost reduction and supply management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English
- Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with global team members
- Highly organized and ability to handle large workload.
- Ability to work in a highly adaptable, very dynamic and changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including telephone skills
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across divisions
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and effectively communicate prioritization decisions
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently
More details here