About the Company
First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities.
- Directly responsible for a variety of field service functions including, but not limited to, commissioning, testing, inspecting, trouble-shooting, repairing, and modifying solar photovoltaic systems.
- Additionally, this position is responsible for the supervision of contractors to ensure safe, high quality and timely performance of maintenance activities in the field.
- This position will act as the primary responder to customer service calls or automated service calls generated by remote alarm notification systems, and will be on-call 24/7.
- Position requires familiarity with both AC and DC systems, including inverters, switchgear, transformers, batteries, power meters, computer monitoring systems, associated sensors, PV modules, and PV arrays.
- Directly responsible for a variety of field start-up and commissioning functions on all components of the PV system including but not limited to execution of pre-commissioning protocols, commissioning protocols, acceptance tests, and customer training.
- The Power Plant Field Technician I must keep current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Experience in a related position
- Year 3/4 Electrical apprentice or hold an Australian Electrical License - (preferably licensed in the State of employment) or possess equivalent field experience in similar role.
- Ability to supervise contractors in the field and ensure safety, quality and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects
More details here