Summary of Role:
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is responsible for securing pipeline for the future by identifying, screening, structuring and closing power project development opportunities that support the business of the company in the renewable energy business which may include but not limited to hydropower, solar, wind energy sector. The BDS shall quantify the renewable market value chain and identify, model, develop and execute strategies which will improve the Company’s business expansions. Extensive traveling is expected.
- Originate / source / structure new project development investment opportunities for the Company.
- Lead project(s) due diligence and partner joint development agreement negotiations.
- Structure project opportunities to maximize investment returns for the Company.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders, in the Company to ensure company buy-in.
- Champion screened deals within organization while accurately communicating critical elements of deal progress, economics and risks to leadership team throughout process
- Lead/participate in project-related contract negotiations, including PPAs, BOP, land lease and grid interconnection agreements if required
- Formulate and implement project development plans and manage development budgets within the JV strategy and business plan ensuring coordination of all deals with risk review processes and stakeholders.
- Aggregate and define the pipeline of power projects available in the market in the Areas of Operation.
- Support the financing of the prospective projects by liaison with financial institutions that have relationship with the Company as well as with new financial institutions.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in any field.
- At least 2 - 4 years of working experience in renewable energy business development experience.
- Experience in an infrastructure development environment, including deal structuring/execution of complex financial products, strategic alliance negotiation experience and capital markets exposure with proven energy industry experience.
- Must have strong financial background.
- Experience evaluating and negotiating legal documentation.
- Strong business/commercial skills with an ability to work comfortable without direct authority.
- Participate in a team environment with an ability to collaborate internally and externally.
- A track record of evaluating and executing development deals in the energy industry.
- Ability to speak an Asian language is a plus (to liaise with associates).
- Results orientated with well-developed skills in influencing/leading groups.
- Proven ability to build/maintain strong relationships (internally and externally) while coordinating multiple tasks/priorities.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Experience in hydropower, wind, solar or natural gas energy conversion technologies.
- Experience in the development in budgets, contract negotiation.
- Ability to define activities, sequence them, estimate duration, and develop schedules.
- Ability to generate reports in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge of SAP and/or CRM.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
More details here